If you want to work at a firm that recognizes its success depends on yours…
You should explore Accountability Services. We are a dynamic, growing company that recognizes our success depends upon the individual success of those who work with us. We value hard work, but appreciate the importance of personal and family time.
Staff Accountant – QuickBooks Expert
We are seeking a self-starter with a curious mind. The position will work closely with our business clients, training them in the basics of QuickBooks. Behind-the scenes, this person will set-up, implement and customize the software as needed. Analyze problems, troubleshoot, repair data and functionality. Clear up / clean-up old books and past problems. Provide QuickBooks tutorials, support and advice for small business owners, bookkeepers, and accountants. Provide monthly and quarterly services to a small book of clients.
Incumbent will also support our Tax team as a liaison with the client by securing their source documents, preparing 1099s, ensuring their W-2s are correct, filing of State and Local taxes, preparing an arduous year-end checklist, and a variety of other support tasks.
- 5+ years user experience in all aspects of QuickBooks
- Certified QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor
- Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business preferred
- Ability to convert / import data from other accounting systems into QuickBooks
- Ability to tutor others in QuickBooks: demonstrate how to enter data step-by-step, write procedures and reports, advise others on best practices
- Ability to test or audit data, proof and correct it
- Ability to assist clients with bookkeeping practices and procedures
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills. High English proficiency is critical. English grammar, especially strong writing skills are absolutely essential
- Working knowledge of payroll and excise taxes
- Financial statement preparation, spotting problems or questionable balances
- Analytical and research skills; inquisitive, versus a rote learner
- Strong technical / computer skills for systems implementations
- MS Excel (Office 365)
- Patience! Clients need hand-holding and follow-up.
The position is full-time, Monday through Friday, year-round. It is not a remote position, although some flexibility may be pre-arranged.