If you want to work at a firm that recognizes its success depends on yours…
You should explore Accountability Services. We are a dynamic, growing company that recognizes our success depends upon the individual success of those who work with us. We value hard work, but appreciate the importance of personal and family time.
The primary duty is to manage the financial accounts for business clients: Support our firm’s QuickBooks clients with set-ups, customizing the software and memorizing reports to meet their needs, identifying problems and cleaning up bad books, troubleshooting, repairing data and functionality, and training the clients on how to use the software correctly. You will work closely with our CAS team for accounting training and support, as well as with our Tax Team to answer client tax questions to ensure their books are rock-solid for tax time.
You will be given a small book of clients to provide monthly and quarterly services including reconciliations, filing of State and Local taxes, collecting W-2 information for year-end preparation of 1099s, analyzing financial results and advising clients, and a variety of other support tasks.
- 5+ years user experience in all aspects of QuickBooks
- Certified QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor
- Experience is most critical. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business preferred
- Ability to convert / import data from other accounting systems into QuickBooks
- Ability to tutor others in QuickBooks: demonstrate how to enter data step-by-step, write procedures and reports, advise others on best practices
- Ability to test or audit data, proof and correct it
- Ability to assist clients with bookkeeping practices and procedures
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills. High English proficiency is critical. English grammar, especially strong writing skills are absolutely essential
- Working knowledge of payroll and excise taxes
- Financial statement preparation, spotting problems or questionable balances
- Analytical and research skills; inquisitive, versus a rote learner
- Strong technical / computer skills for systems implementations
- MS Excel (Office 365)
The position is part-time, 16-24 hours weekly, year-round. During the first 90 days while in your training period, the position requires you to be in the office. Eventually, this can work into a remote flexible position, if desired.